- a Masters degree in a biological or computational discipline
- a strong interest in, and enthusiasm for molecular evolution
- familiarity with basic sequence and phylogenetic analyses
- experience in using a programming language such as Python, Perl, Java etc
- fluency in spoken and written English
The PhD will be funded by a monthly stipend, with additional monies available for regular attendance at international conferences and workshops, and for visiting labs abroad. Information on funding is available by request.
Applications should contain:
- a full CV with detailed description of previous relevant experience
- a statement of academic interests
- an electronic version of the Masters thesis
- the names and contact details of at least 2 referees
The candidate is expected to start at the latest September 2012. Please send applications and informal enquiries to email@example.com
More information about the research of Dr Atkinson can be found here.
Update: the call is closed, two applicants selected.